Award-Winning Philanthropist, Inspirational Speaker & Author
Who empowers her community through mentoring girls, uplifting abuse survivors and blogging about looking and feeling great while living life on purpose? LaQuisha Hall, the “Unbothered Queen” of Confidence, goes far beyond what is expected of her. There was a time in LaQuisha’s life where she was not confident in much. She struggled through low self-esteem due to being naturally thin, witnessed domestic violence as a child and was sexually abused by clergy as a teen. Now an international advocate for herself and others, LaQuisha actively works to empower women and youth to overcome catastrophe through Couture’d Confidence.
LaQuisha is a force to be reckoned with in communities. She is has dedicated her life to serving her community service and has been reconized by great leaders including President Barack Obama, Governor Martin O’Malley, Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake and Baltimore City States Attorney Marilyn Mosby. She has won regional, state and national pageant titles including Mrs. Essence 2013. LaQuisha founded the SheRose Awards to give a platform to abuse survivors to share their own stories. Beginning her skills in mentoring at age 16, she also spends hours locally and abroad mentoring via her nonprofit program, Queendom T.E.A. (The Etiquette Academy), committed to encouraging and teaching teen girls about personal safety, feminine etiquette and positive self-esteem. She is the award-nominated and best-selling author of memoir, Unholy Communion, and a self-esteem journal for young girls, Positively Bodyful, and the coauthor of additional books. LaQuisha also enjoys keeping her look fresh while inspiring others as the natural hair and fashion guru behind Corner Curl Girl.
Her “walk on gold” philosophy teaches communities to step off of familiar territory to do extraordinary things. LaQuisha has empowered others to empower others for over a decade and has no plans of stopping!
- 2016 Empowering Minds of Maryland’s Youth Guiding Light Award for Queendom T.E.A.
- 2016 Sisters 4 Sisters, Inc. Love Cares Award
- 2016 Organization that Rocks Award for Couture’d Confidence
- 2016 Baltimore Metro Phenomenal Woman Award
- 2015 Baltimore Teacher’s Union Women’s Rights Award
- 2014 Humanitarian Award, DMV Christian Music Awards
- 2013 Presidential Service Award – Lifetime Volunteer
- 2012 Sharper Mind Consultants Outstanding Outreach Award
- 2011 Spirit of Woman Award, Heal a Woman to Heal a Nation
- 2008 Daily Point of Light Honoree
- Mrs. Essence 2013
- Interview, Evening Gown & Fitness Awards
- Mrs. International Beautiful 2012
- Susan G. Lee Community Service Award
- Mrs. MidAtlantic Perfect 2010
- Congeniality Award
- Mrs. Maryland Galaxy 2009
- Congeniality & Director’s Award
- 1st Runner Up to Mrs. Galaxy International 2009
- Mrs. Christian International 2008
- Coutured Confidence, Founder & CEO
- Queendom T.E.A. (The Etiquette Academy)
- T.E.A. Leaves
- SheRose Awards
- The Golden Microphone
- Corner Curl Girl
- Brunch with Confidence & Lunch with LaQuisha Empowerment Sessions
- Confident Canvas Art
- The #CUEtheQueen Movement